Sunday, February 16, 2014

Introducing Logan Keeler, appearing as "Michael" in TWO ROOMS

As a special feature on opening week, we're excited to introduce you to our cast and creative team, who talked with us about their life as actors and their experience of creating the world of TWO ROOMS

TWO ROOMS opens February 21 and runs through March 9 - Wed-Sat at 9pm and Sat-Sun at 4pm. For tickets and information, click here

Introducing: Logan Keeler, who's playing Michael in TWO ROOMS. Here is his first-hand account of his life as an actor, and his perspective on working with this production.

Full given name:  
Logan James Johnson Keeler

Where you were born/where you were raised:
I was born and raised in Maine.

Zodiac Sign:
Libra, I think.

What your parents did/do for a living:
My father is a real estate lawyer. My mother is in a anarchist cheer leading troop. Ok, just kidding, but I was fortunate enough to have her home to raise me and my siblings throughout our childhood.

Siblings:
I have three. One brother and two sisters.

Favorite food of all time:
A nice Reuben sandwich. extra pickle on the side.

Special skills:
I'm a mean juggler.

Something you're REALLY bad at:
I've never been good at the harpsichord.

If you could go back in time and catch any Broadway or Off Broadway show, what would it be?
Call me crazy, but I'd go way back in to see James O'Niell in THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO. I have a sweet spot for aging actors in sword-fights.

Did you have any particular mentors or inspirations as a young actor?
Gene Wilder, mostly.

What age did you start acting, and what was the project:
I was cute enough to play Louis in THE KING AND I when I was 10ish. That hooked me.

Current show other than your own you have been recommending to friends:
Anyone got a spare ticket to GLASS MENAGERIE? I love that show.

Favorite plays:
PILLOWMAN by Martin McDonugh, THE CARETAKER by Harold Pinter, LONG DAYS JOURNEY INTO NIGHT by Eugene O'Neill, PRIVATE LIVES by Neil Simon.

Most embarrassing moment on stage:
Oh, boy. As Billy Crocker in CRAZY FOR YOU in high school I was supposed to secretly remove my enamored's mother's fox throw and wear it as a beard and spend the rest of the scene pretending to be George Bernard Shaw. When she came on without the throw I was forced to take her hat instead. Upon being asked later who I was, I exclaimed, "Can't you tell?  I'm Portuguese". Fumble recovered, kinda.

What's your favorite part about being a part of The Seeing Place?:
We could easily put up any of our shows in four weeks and it would be good, and I could throw it on my resume and continue on my merry way. But there is something to be said about the the respect for the craft and respect for the playwright to give time in the rehearsal process to grow into the piece and fully flesh it out into a living, breathing, organic thing. At The Seeing Place, we spend about four weeks on dramaturgy and another four in rehearsals. The end result, however it turns out on a nightly basis, is something I can be proud of knowing I have invested myself in the craft of acting and the legacy that all those great actors and teachers built before me.  

What most excites you about your involvement with TWO ROOMS?:
Let's be honest. The character of Michael and the predicament he finds himself in is way outside my comfort zone. I have spent the last month or so with him, so to speak, and I'm excited about living through something so alien to me on a nightly basis and coming out unscathed (hopefully) on the other side.

***

Logan Keeler joined The Seeing Place Theater in August. This is his second show with the group following the opening of their 5th season with MEN IN WHITE as Dr. Pete Bradley in November. Recent productions include THREEPENNY OPERA (The lost Theater, London) as Mr. Peachum, NEXT TO NORMAL (Stranger Productions, Boston) as Dr. Madden/Dr. Fine, HARVEY (Connecitcut College Theater Department) as Elwood P. Dowd, and his Off-Broadway debut as Bernie Bartok in the first revival of MONEY: THE MUSICAL. Logan is a graduate of Connecticut College and The William Esper Studio in New York City and studied at The British American Drama Academy in London. He enjoys playing accoustic guitar, sketching and is slowly teaching himself mandolin. He lives in Brooklyn.

TWO ROOMS opens February 21 and runs through March 9 - Wed-Sat at 9pm and Sat-Sun at 4pm. For tickets and information, click here.

It runs in repertory with DYING CITY, which runs at 7pm and 2pm on the same dates. For tickets and information, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're so passionate about creating a conversation in our community - thank you for leaving your thoughts!